Thursday, May 8, 2008

Welcome Ubuntu (Part 1)

After I got new portfolio for my job, I don't have time to spend at games anymore. Yes I was hardcore at gaming especially online games, so I decide uninstall a couple of games that takes around 25GB of hard disk space.

Hey I got more free space now and no more gaming, so I decided to use linux as my "main personal OS" because of needs (from my job) to do research, development, coding and yada-yada.

My rig is running on AMD 64-bit dual core and using NVIDIA 7900 GTO graphic card and after googling around I found that Ubuntu might be fulfill my needs. While waiting for downloading ISO by so called " bandwidth provider that give you an unsurpassed Internet experience" (refer here) to finish, I shrunk my NTFS partition using GParted LiveCD to give space for Ubuntu.

Burn the ISO (ubuntu-8.04-desktop-amd64.iso) and boot it up ...

What the fxck ??!!

to be continued ........

No comments: